On June 28, 2019, as a part of PokemonGO's 3rd anniversary, Niantic launched a new Special Research Quest - Jump-Start Research. The Quest consists of 6 stages in which you'll have to complete 3 tasks each and collect numerous prizes and pokemon encounters along the way.
Some of the tasks require some preparation, and to help our readers equip themselves with the right items and pokemon in advanced we are going to list all of them. Note that each tasks gives you a reward and completing each stage grants 3 additional rewards.
Stage 1 of 6
- Make a new Friend (5,000 XP)
- Catch 3 Pokemon with Weather Boost (5,000 XP)
- Hatch an Egg (5,000 XP)
Completion Rewards: 2 Lucky Eggs, Dartini Encounter, 15,000 Stardust.
Stage 2 of 6
- Evolve a Dartini (10,000 XP)
- Take a Snapshot of Dartini (30x Dartini Candy)
- Earn a Candy walking with your Buddy (30x Dartini Candy)
Completion Rewards: 1 Raid Pass, 15,000 Stardust, 2 Lucky Eggs.
Stage 3 of 6
- Power up a Pokemon 10 times (15,000 XP)
- Battle a Trainer in the Great League (15,000 XP)
- Battle in a Raid (15,000 XP)
Completion Rewards: 15,000 XP, 2 Lucky Eggs, 2 Star Pieces.
Stage 4 of 6
- Catch 5 different species of Pokémon (Chimchar Encounter)
- Catch a Legendary, either from a Breakthrough or a Raid (Piplup Encounter)
- Hatch 3 eggs (Turtwig Encounter)
Completion Rewards: 2 Lucky Eggs, 15,000 Star Dust, Shiny Eevee Encounter.
Stage 5 of 6
- Take a Snapshot of Eevee (30,000 XP)
- Send 5 gifts to friends (30,000 XP)
- Trade 3 Pokémon (30,000 XP)
Completion Rewards: 30,000 XP, 2 Lucky Eggs, Lapras Encounter.
Stage 6 of 6
- Make a new friend (60 Dratini Candy)
- Win a level 3 or higher Raid (60 Dratini Candy)
- Evolve a Dragonair (100,000 XP)
Completion Rewards: 100,000 XP, 2 Lucky Eggs, 15,000 Star Dust.